Features and Benefits
Our barrels are constructed from a 58 gallon recycled olive barrel
* Our barrels hold enough water to get through two weeks of moderate watering when there is little to no rain
* The barrels will fill up with a quarter inch of rainfall on a 500 square foot roof (approximately the size of two rooms). People generally find their barrels fill within 30 to 40 minutes of steady rain
* Only food products, mainly olives shipped over from Greece, have been in the barrel so no chemical residues to worry about
* Because our barrels are constructed from recycled materials some may have small scratches or marks received during shipment. These in no way affect
the quality or integrity of the barrel.
Each barrel is constructed with bulkhead style fittings
* Neoprene gaskets and washers create a long lasting water-tight seal
* Washers can be tightened from the inside if the fittings ever become loose after repeated use
* These fittings differ from most rain barrels which have spigots and drains which are glued into place and held with caulk, which fails and leaks over time
Camels Hump Rain Barrels come pre-fitted with a brass spigot and drain
* The spigots are placed at a height to optimize water use while allowing room so a watering can may be filled
* Our spigots are larger than what you generally find on a rain barrel creating greater water flow out of the barrel
* Brass fittings assure that they can stand up to the elements for years of use
All barrels have a screw on lid which is fully screened
* The screened lid prevents any debris or insects from entering the barrel, eliminating the need to install an in-gutter filter which can easily clog with leaves
* The screen is heat welded into the lid to assure durability
* The screw on lid is easily removeable to shake off collected debris or clean the inside of your barrel
Not one but TWO overflow ports
* By locating the overflow ports on each side of the barrel you have greater flexibility when deciding where to divert your extra water
* Overflows are important to keep water away from the foundation of your house when your barrel is full, some barrels do not have this feature and allow for
water to spill over the top.
* The overflow ports are positioned so that when a piece of hose is attached a siphon action allows the barrel to fill up and then drain down quickly when
capacity is reached, generally keeping up with most rainfall experienced.
* The overflows are screened from the inside so no insects can access your barrel
ALL fitting are threaded for a standard hose attachment
Barrels can easily be "buddied up" by joining two barrels together through the bottom drains. Only one barrel needs to be under a downspout and since they will drain simultaneously, the second barrel does not even need to be in an accessable location. Twice the barrels, twice the water, twice the savings.
Dimensions: 42 inches tall x 24 inches wide
Weight: 15 pounds when empty